Assistive Technologies and Equipment
Specialist software and equipment is available in the Library to help students with visual impairment, dyslexia or mobility problems. A hearing loop is available at the Library reception desk.
Assistive IT Software
Read and Write Mobile USB which can be used on any Library computer or laptop. This software helps students with reading and writing difficulties. It provides access to talking spell checkers, word predictors and screen readers. Please give 24 hours’ notice to ensure availability.
Dolphin SuperNova for use by students with visual difficulties to access Microsoft products and the Internet via magnification or speech. Available at Altrincham Library on student computers CA05 and CA08, and also on IT17 in the Silent Study Room. At the Science and Technology Library on student computers TG09 (Ground Floor) and TF15 (Mezzanine Floor). Requires a USB to activate which is available from the Main Desk. Please give 24 hours’ notice to ensure availability.
- Height adjustable tables/desks.
- Coloured overlays for use as a reading aid for printed text.
- Hand held magnifiers to enlarge printed text.
- Reading rulers to help students who find reading volumes of text difficult.
- Large screen available on student computer IT17 (Silent Study) at Altrincham Library.
For more information on assistive technologies and equipment available in the Library please contact the Library on 0161 952 4703, or email email@example.com